Translate

Jul 1, 2014

Selenium Sulfide for Rosacea


Q: Having rosacea is horrible! I’ve had it for about 10 years. I tried a greasy prescription cream, but it was no help.  My condition seems to be worsening. I have all the classic hereditary bases and many of the associated symptoms: Irish, sensitive fair skin, blush easily, bothered by wool and heat, etc.
I tried Selsun Blue to wash my face in the shower once a week or so. It’s amazing!  Now my breakouts have become much less frequent. The product I use has selenium sulfide as its active ingredient. This has been so very helpful that I hope you’ll write about it in your column.

A: Rosacea causes redness and sometimes pimples. Doctors often treat it with topical antimicrobial agents such as metronidazole or azelaic acid gel.  We have heard from other readers that the original formulation of Selsun Blue with selenium sulfide may be helpful for rosacea. Perhaps its known antifungal activity is contributing to this benefit. We appreciate your story.


Source: Syndicated columnists