- Blackberry + Basil + Coconut water
- Fresh berries make for a striking appearance- picture a berry suspended in a clear cube- while frozen berries color the whole cube and impart a stronger flavor as the cube melts. Coconut water adds nutrients, but you can opt out for seltzer or plain water if you prefer.
- Lime + Cucumber + Mint
- Limeade, fresh-squeeze lime juice and bottled lime juice all work well as the base. Use a fresh mint leaf and a quarter slice of cucumber per cube.
- Pineapple + Coconut
- Aesthetically, this works best as a puree. Puree canned coconut milk and fresh or frozen pineapple chunks, and then pour into the tray. Great for a tropical twist.
- Green Tea + Lemon + Honey
- Dissolve the honey in the tea when it's still hot. After the tea cools, pour it into the tray and add a lemon wedge. If you pour the honey into the tray, it sinks to the bottom and stays there when you pull the cube out. Same goes for agave nectar or other sweeteners.
Jul 14, 2017
Summer Ice Cubes
Deborah Wiancek, N.D. Deborah Wiancek